Thinking whether to go for Kenna Security vs Hadrian? Choosing the right vulnerability management software is critical for SaaS companies these days.
This article is going to dive into the Kenna Security vs Hadrian debate and try to answer a key question.
Which is the better tool for vulnerability management, as well as other use cases? Which one offers the best value for money, and will be most appropriate for a company of your size, with your resources?
Let’s find out! In the post below, we’ve covered all the common use cases and done an in-depth analysis of the key features of Kenna Security and Hadrian – as well as compared it to an alternative solution that may be better in some situations.
Kenna Security vs Hadrian – similarities and differences
Kenna Security and Hadrian are both applications for vulnerability management, remediation guides, and asset discovery with several areas of overlap. Both Kenna Security and Hadrian are popular tools used mostly for vulnerability management in companies. Both products have several similar features.
However, there are several details about the way these particular features are “executed” in both products that may make a substantial difference for the buyer.
They also have very different pricing plans. Let’s look at the details.
Kenna Security vs Hadrian for vulnerability management – differences
In this section of the article, we’re really going to dig into the nitty-gritty of each area of product functionality. That way, we’ll be able to figure out which tool – Kenna Security or Hadrian – is the best option depending on your use case.
Kenna Security for vulnerability management
Kenna’s vulnerability prioritization helps organizations make data-driven remediation decisions by combining internal and external data, using machine learning, and providing remediation intelligence. Here are some of the features of Kenna’s solution:
Consolidate external and internal data into one view of risk
Utilize 18+ threat and exploit intelligence feeds, 12.7+ billion managed vulnerabilities, and your enterprise’s security data to provide accurate risk scoring and remediation intelligence
Access 55+ pre-built connectors across 30+ vendors, including vulnerability scanners, SAST, DAST, SCA security testing tools, bug bounty programs, and CMDBs
Create your own connectors with the Kenna Data Importer tool
Analyze data from external threat and exploit feeds and a database of over 7 billion managed vulnerabilities to understand the threat landscape in real-time.
Hadrian for vulnerability management
Hadrian.io’s Risk Prioritization helps you manage risks effectively by providing remediation steps and automated validation.
Mark risks as resolved quickly with detailed recommendations
Automated retesting of remediated risks to ensure resolution
Get insights on prioritized risks for effective risk management.
Better alternative for vulnerability management – Autobahn Security
Autobahn Security supports vulnerability management by:
- Hackability Score: Autobahn Security’s Hackability Score metric provides companies with a clear and accurate picture of their cybersecurity vulnerabilities and how they compare with their peers. This score helps businesses prioritize their remediation efforts and focus on vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk.
- Cyber Fitness Workouts: Autobahn Security provides step-by-step remediation guides called Cyber Fitness Workouts, which offer practical support to assess and remediate vulnerabilities. These guides help IT security professionals save time, allowing them to focus on other critical security tasks while reducing the risk of human error.
- Experienced Security Team: Autobahn Security’s team is composed of ethical hackers and security researchers with decades of experience, ensuring high-quality services and practical support. The team is committed to providing responsive and knowledgeable customer support, providing a seamless user experience for businesses seeking to improve their cybersecurity posture.
Kenna Security vs Hadrian for remediation guides – similarities and differences
In this section of the article, we’re really going to dig into the nitty-gritty of each area of product functionality for remediation guides. That way, we’ll be able to figure out which tool – Kenna Security or Hadrian – is the best option depending on your use case.
Kenna Security for remediation guides
Kenna’s Remediation Guides help organizations prioritize their vulnerability remediation efforts. Here are the key features:
Identify the vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk to your organization.
Recommendations based on risk score, not just the number of assets impacted.
Prioritized, data-driven actions and decisions for effective risk reduction.
Customizable, access-controlled asset group management for flexible and quantifiable views of risk posture.
Detailed, holistic reports and benchmarks for data-driven decisions on security resource investment.
Empowers IT teams to patch vulnerabilities with confidence.
Hadrian for remediation guides
Hadrian.io’s Remediation Guide provides a comprehensive solution to managing and resolving risks. With detailed remediation steps and automated validation, you can quickly mark risks as resolved and ensure they stay that way.
Step-by-step guidance on how to remediate identified risks
Automated validation to ensure risks are truly resolved
Integration with existing tools and workflows for seamless risk management
Continuous monitoring and updates to keep your systems secure
Better alternative for remediation guides: Autobahn Security.
Autobahn Security is best in class with its unique remediation guides, called Cyber Fitness Workouts. Written for non-experts, they are a powerful tool to improve your security posture.
- Autobahn Security provides step-by-step remediation guides called Cyber Fitness Workouts to help users fix vulnerabilities quickly and easily.
- The guides are easy to understand and follow, even for users who may not be experts in cybersecurity.
- Users can access the guides directly from the Autobahn Security platform, or they can be sent to the asset ower, making it easy to find the information they need when they need it.
Kenna Security vs Hadrian for asset discovery – similarities and differences
Finally, most SaaS companies considering Kenna Security vs Hadrian want to look at their functionality for asset discovery. Let’s dive into it in more detail.
Kenna Security for asset discovery
Kenna’s asset discovery utilizes Nmap and NSE scripts to identify security weaknesses and pull CVE data. By combining this with Risk I/O integration with vulnerability scanners, it provides a complete picture for remediation decisions.
Nmap and NSE scripts are powerful tools for asset discovery and identifying security weaknesses.
Risk I/O integration with vulnerability scanners offers a more comprehensive approach to asset discovery.
Filtering options in the asset tab enable a holistic view of the network, including identifying compliance requirements.
The energy sector is using these filters to comply with NERC CIP requirements.
Saved searches can provide necessary documentation to auditors or identify prohibited services.
Hadrian for asset discovery
Hadrian.io’s Asset Discovery goes beyond simple asset discovery. With asset maps and an Asset Catalog, Hadrian provides a comprehensive solution to understanding how assets are connected and managing their exposure.
Asset maps to visualize the relationship between assets and how changes in one affect another
Asset Catalog to manage your discoverable assets and their metadata
Search and filter your assets to quickly find what you need
Smart tagging options, such as marking critical infrastructure, to manage and prioritize your assets based on their importance
Better alternative for asset discovery – Autobahn Security
Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery is a valuable tool for businesses looking to improve their cybersecurity posture. Here are some key benefits of Autobahn Security’s asset discovery:
- Complete view of a company’s online asset boundaries: With internet-facing asset discovery, businesses can identify assets that may have been overlooked in the inventory, ensuring that everything is accounted for. This can help reduce the attack surface and make smarter decisions about cybersecurity strategies.
- Centralized view of all assets exposed to the internet: Manual asset tracking methods can lead to a lack of accurate data and difficulty in tracking the location of assets. Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery provides a centralized view of all assets exposed to the internet, enabling organizations to track their assets’ locations more effectively and ensure they are being used appropriately.
- Industry-leading asset discovery results in terms of coverage and accuracy: Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery service is easy to set up and supports multiple domains to enhance asset discovery results. Additionally, the service offers confidence scores that represent the difficulty of identifying the asset, minimizing housekeeping efforts.
Conclusion – which tool is better for your company, Kenna Security or Hadrian?
Hopefully, this post helped you decide whether Hadrian or Kenna Security is more appropriate for your company. As you can see – both have many upsides and downsides.
Undeniably, Autobahn Security provides a better value for money and is a better choice for a mid-market SaaS, especially when it comes to vulnerability management and asset discovery.
Interested? Find out more book a demo with our team here!