Thinking whether to go for Balbix vs CyberGRX? Choosing the right vulnerability management software is critical for SaaS companies these days.
This article is going to dive into the Balbix vs CyberGRX debate and try to answer a key question.
Which is the better tool for vulnerability management, as well as other use cases? Which one offers the best value for money, and will be most appropriate for a company of your size, with your resources?
Let’s find out! In the post below, we’ve covered all the common use cases and done an in-depth analysis of the key features of Balbix and CyberGRX – as well as compared it to an alternative solution that may be better in some situations.
Balbix vs CyberGRX – similarities and differences
Balbix and CyberGRX are both applications for vulnerability management, remediation guides, and asset discovery with several areas of overlap. Both Balbix and CyberGRX are popular tools used mostly for vulnerability management in companies. Both products have several similar features.
However, there are several details about the way these particular features are “executed” in both products that may make a substantial difference for the buyer.
They also have very different pricing plans. Let’s look at the details.
Balbix vs CyberGRX for vulnerability management – differences
In this section of the article, we’re really going to dig into the nitty-gritty of each area of product functionality. That way, we’ll be able to figure out which tool – Balbix or CyberGRX – is the best option depending on your use case.
Balbix for vulnerability management
Balbix enables Risk-Based Vulnerability Management, helping organizations prioritize and mitigate high-risk vulnerabilities proactively. It offers continuous assessment and identification of cybersecurity issues across enterprise assets, including CVEs, misconfigurations, weak passwords, encryption problems, etc. Vulnerabilities are then prioritized based on 5 factors and dispatched for automatic or supervised mitigation by risk owners.
Balbix offers a breach likelihood dashboard, which shows unpatched vulnerabilities by breach likelihood and attack vectors, along with top risk insights and mean time to patch. The platform offers a systematic approach to exception handling and incorporates risk calculations and prioritization seamlessly. Balbix generates board-ready reports showcasing risk reduction progress and the business value driven by your security program. It offers contextual prioritization for security risks, threats, and exposures, enabling organizations to focus remediation efforts on the greatest risks and track overall security posture improvements.
CyberGRX for vulnerability management
CyberGRX uses multiple methods to evaluate vulnerabilities. These methods include both automated and manual approaches.
Here are the various methods used by CyberGRX for security evaluation:
Automated, scheduled vulnerability scanning of operating systems, firmware, middleware, etc.
Static and dynamic scanning of code repositories.
Security-focused systems testing as part of the CyberGRX platform’s system development lifecycle (SDLC).
Manual audits/tests of security control implementation and effectiveness.
Security-focused interviews with CyberGRX teams and individual personnel.
Annual, at minimum, independent penetration testing.
Ongoing updates of the CyberGRX Tier 1 assessment, including evidence validation by Deloitte and KPMG.
Better alternative for vulnerability management – Autobahn Security
Autobahn Security supports vulnerability management by:
- Hackability Score: Autobahn Security’s Hackability Score metric provides companies with a clear and accurate picture of their cybersecurity vulnerabilities and how they compare with their peers. This score helps businesses prioritize their remediation efforts and focus on vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk.
- Cyber Fitness Workouts: Autobahn Security provides step-by-step remediation guides called Cyber Fitness Workouts, which offer practical support to assess and remediate vulnerabilities. These guides help IT security professionals save time, allowing them to focus on other critical security tasks while reducing the risk of human error.
- Experienced Security Team: Autobahn Security’s team is composed of ethical hackers and security researchers with decades of experience, ensuring high-quality services and practical support. The team is committed to providing responsive and knowledgeable customer support, providing a seamless user experience for businesses seeking to improve their cybersecurity posture.
Balbix vs CyberGRX for remediation guides – similarities and differences
In this section of the article, we’re really going to dig into the nitty-gritty of each area of product functionality for remediation guides. That way, we’ll be able to figure out which tool – Balbix or CyberGRX – is the best option depending on your use case.
Balbix for remediation guides
Balbix is a vulnerability management platform that does not provide direct vulnerability remediation guides or step-by-step walkthroughs. Instead, they offer a comprehensive vulnerability management program that helps you discover, prioritize and respond to vulnerabilities. Vulnerability management is an ongoing process that involves discovering, assessing, prioritizing, and remediating software vulnerabilities. Balbix offers the following features to help organizations address vulnerabilities and improve their security posture:
- Discovery: Balbix helps organizations gain full visibility of all enterprise assets, including systems, applications, devices, data, business processes, and users. This is a core capability that is required to discover all potential vulnerabilities.
- Prioritization: Balbix adopts a risk-based vulnerability management approach to help organizations prioritize vulnerabilities based on their level of threat to the organization. With hundreds or thousands of vulnerabilities, it’s important to effectively prioritize remediation to ensure your security team isn’t racing to address issues that pose little or no real risk to your business-critical assets.
- Response: Balbix helps organizations determine how to effectively manage vulnerabilities using the best remediation approach. They provide a risk-based vulnerability management tool that analyzes different remediation scenarios and recommends the best remediation option for your security team. They also help align remediation efforts to business priorities by identifying the owners of risk issues and assigning them remediation tasks.
CyberGRX for remediation guides
As a third-party risk management platform, CyberGRX provides customers with various tools and resources to assess, monitor, and remediate the security risks posed by their third-party vendors.
Here are some key points about how CyberGRX helps customers develop and implement remediation strategies:
Risk remediation program: CyberGRX provides a remediation guide that helps customers address security weaknesses or vulnerabilities discovered during assessments.
Security Profiles: Customers can view their third-party vendors’ security profiles on the CyberGRX platform, enabling them to analyze and monitor them against their own controls.
Collaborative Remediation: Customers can work with their third-party vendors to develop a risk remediation strategy that prioritizes identified risks and leverages Predictive Risk Intelligence.
Predictive Risk Intelligence: CyberGRX’s Predictive Risk Intelligence uses machine learning to shift the third-party risk management goal from assessment collection to risk analysis and remediation.
Third-Party Collaboration: Third-party vendors can also view Predictive Risk Profiles, providing an opportunity for genuine collaboration between customers and their vendors to develop informed and prioritized remediation strategies.
Better alternative for remediation guides: Autobahn Security.
Autobahn Security is best in class with its unique remediation guides, called Cyber Fitness Workouts. Written for non-experts, they are a powerful tool to improve your security posture.
- Autobahn Security provides step-by-step remediation guides called Cyber Fitness Workouts to help users fix vulnerabilities quickly and easily.
- The guides are designed to be easy to understand and follow, even for users who may not be experts in cybersecurity.
Users can directly access guides from the Autobahn Security platform or receive them from asset owners, ensuring easy availability of needed information.
Balbix vs CyberGRX for asset discovery – similarities and differences
Finally, most SaaS companies considering Balbix vs CyberGRX want to look at their functionality for asset discovery. Let’s dive into it in more detail.
Balbix for asset discovery
Balbix offers automated asset discovery that continuously monitors the enterprise to discover, identify, and categorize all assets. This includes devices, applications, and services; managed and unmanaged; on-prem and cloud; fixed and mobile; IoT, etc., and users. Balbix automatically cleans and merges conflicting and duplicate data. With Balbix, you gain a single unified view of every asset detail, automatically identifying and categorizing their type and role in your extended enterprise network. Additionally, you can understand the distribution and Internet-facing status of assets across physical locations.
Some features of Balbix’s asset discovery include customizable dashboards with search capabilities that allow you to easily use your inventory information for compliance and cybersecurity use-cases, manage risk ownership, and provide actionable dashboards and reports to each risk owner with their inventory and security issues.
CyberGRX for asset discovery
There is no information about asset discovery available on Cybergrx’s website
Better alternative for asset discovery – Autobahn Security
Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery is a valuable tool for businesses looking to improve their cybersecurity posture. Here are some key benefits of Autobahn Security’s asset discovery:
- Complete view of a company’s online asset boundaries:
Businesses can ensure comprehensive asset accountability by utilizing internet-facing asset discovery, identifying any potentially overlooked assets in the inventory. This can help reduce the attack surface and make smarter decisions about cybersecurity strategies.
- Centralized view of all assets exposed to the internet: Manual asset tracking methods can lead to a lack of accurate data and difficulty in tracking the location of assets. Organizations can effectively track asset locations and ensure proper usage by utilizing Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery, which offers a centralized view of all internet-exposed assets.
- Industry-leading asset discovery results in terms of coverage and accuracy: Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery service is easy to set up and supports multiple domains to enhance asset discovery results. Additionally, the service offers confidence scores that represent the difficulty of identifying the asset, minimizing housekeeping efforts.
Conclusion – which tool is better for your company, Balbix or CyberGRX?
Hopefully, this post helped you decide whether CyberGRX or Balbix is more appropriate for your company. As you can see – both have many upsides and downsides.
Undeniably, Autobahn Security provides a better value for money and is a better choice for a mid-market SaaS, especially when it comes to vulnerability management and asset discovery.
If you’re interested in finding more book a demo with our team here.