Thinking whether to go for Axonius vs Hadrian? Choosing the right vulnerability management software is critical for SaaS companies these days.
This article is going to dive into the Axonius vs Hadrian debate and try to answer a key question.
Which is the better tool for vulnerability management, as well as other use cases? Which one offers the best value for money, and will be most appropriate for a company of your size, with your resources?
Let’s find out! In the post below, we’ve covered all the common use cases and done an in-depth analysis of the key features of Axonius and Hadrian – as well as compared it to an alternative solution that may be better in some situations.
Axonius vs Hadrian – similarities and differences
Axonius and Hadrian are both applications for vulnerability management, remediation guides, and asset discovery with several areas of overlap. Both Axonius and Hadrian are popular tools used mostly for vulnerability management in companies. Both products have several similar features.
However, there are several details about the way these particular features are “executed” in both products that may make a substantial difference for the buyer.
They also have very different pricing plans. Let’s look at the details.
Axonius vs Hadrian for vulnerability management – differences
In this section of the article, we’re really going to dig into the nitty-gritty of each area of product functionality. That way, we’ll be able to figure out which tool – Axonius or Hadrian – is the best option depending on your use case.
Axonius for vulnerability management
Axonius provides a comprehensive solution to augment vulnerability management for all devices in your environment. It enables you to discover, track, prioritize, remediate, and report on all vulnerabilities. Axonius identifies vulnerabilities and provides full context to help you prioritize and expedite patching and remediation processes.
Axonius offers the following features:
- Asset and vulnerability visibility: Provides a clear understanding of assets and maps known vulnerabilities to them to uncover meaningful threats and expose risk.
- Centralized view of vulnerabilities: Enables users to manage vulnerabilities across the entire fleet of devices and easily see and manage known vulnerabilities.
- Expand vulnerability assessment coverage: Aggregates data from multiple sources and automatically includes the device in the next scan cycle to confirm the scanner is present and working.
- Map vulnerabilities to assets: Enriches asset inventory data with recognized vulnerability databases to recognize the full measure of potential exposure.
- Automate remediation: Offers automation to help vulnerability remediation scale to keep up with an ever-growing IT landscape.
Hadrian for vulnerability management
Hadrian.io’s Risk Prioritization helps you manage risks effectively by providing remediation steps and automated validation.
Mark risks as resolved quickly with detailed recommendations
Automated retesting of remediated risks to ensure resolution
Get insights on prioritized risks for effective risk management.
Better alternative for vulnerability management – Autobahn Security
Autobahn Security supports vulnerability management by:
- Hackability Score: Autobahn Security’s Hackability Score metric provides companies with a clear and accurate picture of their cybersecurity vulnerabilities and how they compare with their peers. This score helps businesses prioritize their remediation efforts and focus on vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk.
- Cyber Fitness Workouts: step-by-step remediation guides to assess and fix vulnerabilities efficiently. These guides save time for IT security professionals, enabling focus on critical tasks and reducing human error risks.
- Experienced Security Team: Autobahn Security has an experienced team of ethical hackers and security researchers, ensuring top-notch services and practical support. The team actively provides responsive customer support, delivering expertise and ensuring a seamless user experience to enhance cybersecurity.
Axonius vs Hadrian for remediation guides – similarities and differences
In this section of the article, we’re really going to dig into the nitty-gritty of each area of product functionality for remediation guides. That way, we’ll be able to figure out which tool – Axonius or Hadrian – is the best option depending on your use case.
Axonius for remediation guides
Axonius doesn’t have a specific tool for creating remediation guides. Here’s how to use the Axonius Vulnerability Management Module for remediation guidance:
- See Assets From a Vulnerability Perspective: With the Axonius Vulnerability Management Module, you can easily identify unique CVEs and the number of devices that are impacted by each particular threat. You can quickly learn which software, software version, and vendor is exposed and putting devices at risk. This feature is essential in guiding remediation efforts.
- Manage Across a Fleet of Devices: The Axonius Vulnerability Management Module allows you to manage vulnerabilities across an entire fleet of devices from a single view. You can identify threats for all devices across the entire attack surface and have confidence in the vulnerability inventory you’re managing. This comprehensive view of assets helps in prioritizing and managing remediation efforts.
- Analyze and Prioritize Threats: Analyzing and prioritizing vulnerabilities is challenging, but with Axonius, you can incorporate contextual data from the National Vulnerabilities Database (NVD) and other third-party threat intelligence sources to better understand and assess urgency, relevancy, significance, and importance. The advanced query capability lets you reference contextual device data, such as operating system, installed software, and open ports, to deliver deep insights around vulnerabilities and the devices they impact. This information is critical in prioritizing and managing remediation efforts effectively.
- With Axonius, you can gain comprehensive visibility into your assets and vulnerabilities. The tool allows you to see which vulnerability was identified, by which adapter, and on which devices. You can also find the first detection date to determine whether it’s a new threat or has been a persistent vulnerability that needs immediate remediation. The easy-to-reference tabular layout and clickable data style lets you probe deeper on each unique vulnerability.
In conclusion, the Axonius Vulnerability Management Module provides IT and security teams with the visibility, context, and management capabilities needed for effective remediation guidance — but stops short of providing step-by-step guides on how to carry out each remediation action.
Hadrian for remediation guides
Hadrian.io’s Remediation Guide provides a comprehensive solution to managing and resolving risks. With detailed remediation steps and automated validation, you can quickly mark risks as resolved and ensure they stay that way.
Step-by-step guidance on how to remediate identified risks
Automated validation to ensure risks are truly resolved
Integration with existing tools and workflows for seamless risk management
Continuous monitoring and updates to keep your systems secure
Better alternative for remediation guides: Autobahn Security.
Autobahn Security is best in class with its unique remediation guides, called Cyber Fitness Workouts. Written for non-experts, they are a powerful tool to improve your security posture.
- Autobahn Security provides step-by-step remediation guides called Cyber Fitness Workouts to help users fix vulnerabilities quickly and easily.
- The guides are designed to be easy to understand and follow, even for users who may not be experts in cybersecurity.
Users can conveniently access guides either directly from the Autobahn Security platform or receive them via asset owners, ensuring timely access to needed information.
Axonius vs Hadrian for asset discovery – similarities and differences
Finally, most SaaS companies considering Axonius vs Hadrian want to look at their functionality for asset discovery. Let’s dive into it in more detail.
Axonius for asset discovery
Axonius employs continuous, comprehensive device discovery from various sources, ensuring the discovery of all assets irrespective of location, uptime, or power state. Achieving this involves aggregating, correlating, and normalizing data from multiple sources, such as CMDBs, device scanning technologies, and agents.
- Comprehensive device discovery is the ability to fetch data continuously from any source that knows about devices at any cadence.
- CMDBs are often only populated by one or two discovery sources, rendering the data incomplete or unreliable.
- Device discovery through scanning technologies requires machines to be turned on and available — and even then, scanning is often limited to weekly or monthly cycles.
- Agents can only be deployed on known devices, meaning visibility is only as good as where agents are deployed.
- Axonius aggregates, correlates, and normalizes data from numerous sources to deliver comprehensive device discovery.
- Axonius complements CMDB discovery tools with correlated data from several sources to create rich, accurate CMDB records.
- To surface gaps across your fleet of assets, you need numerous data sources. Axonius makes it easy to discover assets with numerous data sources, helping you identify gaps that otherwise wouldn’t be visible in a CMDB.
Axonius connects to solution management consoles via APIs, enabling device discovery regardless of online status or last usage time.
- Axonius integrates with network infrastructure to identify unmanaged IoT and OT devices, making it possible to account for these devices in the CMDB.
Hadrian for asset discovery
Hadrian.io’s Asset Discovery goes beyond simple asset discovery. Hadrian provides a comprehensive solution for understanding asset connections and managing their exposure through asset maps and an Asset Catalog.
Asset maps to visualize the relationship between assets and how changes in one affect another
Asset Catalog to manage your discoverable assets and their metadata
Search and filter your assets to quickly find what you need
Smart tagging options, such as marking critical infrastructure, to manage and prioritize your assets based on their importance.
Better alternative for asset discovery – Autobahn Security
Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery is a valuable tool for businesses looking to improve their cybersecurity posture. Here are some key benefits of Autobahn Security’s asset discovery:
- Internet-facing asset discovery provides a complete view of a company’s online asset boundaries, identifying overlooked assets for comprehensive inventory. This can help reduce the attack surface and make smarter decisions about cybersecurity strategies.
- Manual tracking results in inaccurate data and asset location challenges. Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery offers a centralized view of exposed assets, enabling effective tracking and appropriate usage.
- Autobahn Security’s asset discovery excels in coverage and accuracy, with easy setup and support for multiple domains. The service also provides confidence scores reflecting asset identification difficulty, reducing housekeeping efforts.
Conclusion – which tool is better for your company, Axonius or Hadrian?
Hopefully, this post helped you decide whether Hadrian or Axonius is more appropriate for your company. As you can see – both have many upsides and downsides.
Undeniably, Autobahn Security provides a better value for money and is a better choice for a mid-market SaaS, especially when it comes to vulnerability management and asset discovery.
If you’re interested in finding more book a demo with our team here!