Thinking whether to go for Axonius vs CyberGRX? Choosing the right vulnerability management software is critical for SaaS companies these days.
This article is going to dive into the Axonius vs CyberGRX debate and try to answer a key question.
Which is the better tool for vulnerability management, as well as other use cases? Which one offers the best value for money, and will be most appropriate for a company of your size, with your resources?
Let’s find out! In the post below, we’ve covered all the common use cases and done an in-depth analysis of the key features of Axonius and CyberGRX – as well as compared it to an alternative solution that may be better in some situations.
Axonius vs CyberGRX – similarities and differences
Axonius and CyberGRX are both applications for vulnerability management, remediation guides, and asset discovery with several areas of overlap. Both Axonius and CyberGRX are popular tools used mostly for vulnerability management in companies. Both products have several similar features.
However, there are several details about the way these particular features are “executed” in both products that may make a substantial difference for the buyer.
They also have very different pricing plans. Let’s look at the details.
Axonius vs CyberGRX for vulnerability management – differences
In this section of the article, we’re really going to dig into the nitty-gritty of each area of product functionality. That way, we’ll be able to figure out which tool – Axonius or CyberGRX – is the best option depending on your use case.
Axonius for vulnerability management
Axonius provides a comprehensive solution to augment vulnerability management for all devices in your environment. It enables you to discover, track, prioritize, remediate, and report on all vulnerabilities. Axonius identifies vulnerabilities and provides full context to help you prioritize and expedite patching and remediation processes.
Axonius offers the following features:
- Asset and vulnerability visibility: Provides a clear understanding of assets and maps known vulnerabilities to them to uncover meaningful threats and expose risk.
- Centralized view of vulnerabilities: Enables users to manage vulnerabilities across the entire fleet of devices and easily see and manage known vulnerabilities.
- Expand vulnerability assessment coverage: Aggregates data from multiple sources and automatically includes the device in the next scan cycle to confirm the scanner is present and working.
- Map vulnerabilities to assets: Enriches asset inventory data with recognized vulnerability databases to recognize the full measure of potential exposure.
- Automate remediation: Offers automation to help vulnerability remediation scale to keep up with an ever-growing IT landscape.
CyberGRX for vulnerability management
CyberGRX uses multiple methods to evaluate vulnerabilities. These methods include both automated and manual approaches.
Here are the various methods used by CyberGRX for security evaluation:
Automated, scheduled vulnerability scanning of operating systems, firmware, middleware, etc.
Static and dynamic scanning of code repositories.
Security-focused systems testing as part of the CyberGRX platform’s system development lifecycle (SDLC).
Manual audits/tests of security control implementation and effectiveness.
Security-focused interviews with CyberGRX teams and individual personnel.
Annual, at minimum, independent penetration testing.
Ongoing updates of the CyberGRX Tier 1 assessment, including evidence validation by Deloitte and KPMG.
Better alternative for vulnerability management – Autobahn Security
Autobahn Security supports vulnerability management by:
- Hackability Score: Autobahn Security’s Hackability Score metric provides companies with a clear and accurate picture of their cybersecurity vulnerabilities and how they compare with their peers. This score helps businesses prioritize their remediation efforts and focus on vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk.
- Cyber Fitness Workouts: Autobahn Security provides step-by-step remediation guides called Cyber Fitness Workouts, which offer practical support to assess and remediate vulnerabilities. These guides help IT security professionals save time, allowing them to focus on other critical security tasks while reducing the risk of human error.
- Experienced Security Team: Autobahn Security’s ensures high-quality services, practical support, and responsive customer care for improved cybersecurity. Autobahn Security’s team of ethical hackers and researchers provides decades of experience, high-quality services, and responsive customer support.
Axonius vs CyberGRX for remediation guides – similarities and differences
In this section of the article, we’re really going to dig into the nitty-gritty of each area of product functionality for remediation guides. That way, we’ll be able to figure out which tool – Axonius or CyberGRX – is the best option depending on your use case.
Axonius for remediation guides
Axonius doesn’t have a specific tool for creating remediation guides. Here’s how to use the Axonius Vulnerability Management Module for remediation guidance:
- See Assets From a Vulnerability Perspective: With the Axonius Vulnerability Management Module, you can easily identify unique CVEs and the number of devices that are impacted by each particular threat. You can quickly learn which software, software version, and vendor is exposed and putting devices at risk. This feature is essential in guiding remediation efforts.
- Manage Across a Fleet of Devices: Axonius’ Vulnerability Management Module centralizes device vulnerability management for entire fleets, streamlining operations. Gain confidence in your vulnerability inventory by identifying threats across all devices within the attack surface. This comprehensive view of assets helps in prioritizing and managing remediation efforts.
- Analyze and Prioritize Threats: Axonius incorporates NVD and third-party data for threat analysis, aiding in prioritizing vulnerabilities accurately. Utilize Axonius’ advanced query capability to gain deep insights on vulnerabilities and impacted devices using contextual data. This information is critical in prioritizing and managing remediation efforts effectively.
- With Axonius, you can gain comprehensive visibility into your assets and vulnerabilities. The tool allows you to see which vulnerability was identified, by which adapter, and on which devices. You can also find the first detection date to determine whether it’s a new threat or has been a persistent vulnerability that needs immediate remediation. The easy-to-reference tabular layout and clickable data style lets you probe deeper on each unique vulnerability.
In conclusion, the Axonius Vulnerability Management Module provides IT and security teams with the visibility, context, and management capabilities needed for effective remediation guidance — but stops short of providing step-by-step guides on how to carry out each remediation action.
CyberGRX for remediation guides
CyberGRX, a third-party risk management platform, offers tools and resources to assess, monitor, and remediate security risks from vendors.
Here are some key points about how CyberGRX helps customers develop and implement remediation strategies:
Risk remediation program: CyberGRX provides a remediation guide that helps customers address security weaknesses or vulnerabilities discovered during assessments.
Security Profiles: Customers can view their third-party vendors’ security profiles on the CyberGRX platform, enabling them to analyze and monitor them against their own controls.
Collaborative Remediation: Customers can work with their third-party vendors to develop a risk remediation strategy that prioritizes identified risks and leverages Predictive Risk Intelligence.
Predictive Risk Intelligence: CyberGRX’s Predictive Risk Intelligence uses machine learning to shift the third-party risk management goal from assessment collection to risk analysis and remediation.
Third-Party Collaboration: Third-party vendors can also view Predictive Risk Profiles, providing an opportunity for genuine collaboration between customers and their vendors to develop informed and prioritized remediation strategies.
Better alternative for remediation guides: Autobahn Security.
Autobahn Security is best in class with its unique remediation guides, called Cyber Fitness Workouts. Written for non-experts, they are a powerful tool to improve your security posture.
- Autobahn Security provides step-by-step remediation guides called Cyber Fitness Workouts to help users fix vulnerabilities quickly and easily.
- The guides are designed to be easy to understand and follow, even for users who may not be experts in cybersecurity.
- Users can access the guides directly from the Autobahn Security platform, or they can be sent to the asset ower, making it easy to find the information they need when they need it.
Axonius vs CyberGRX for asset discovery – similarities and differences
Finally, most SaaS companies considering Axonius vs CyberGRX want to look at their functionality for asset discovery. Let’s dive into it in more detail.
Axonius for asset discovery
Axonius continuously fetches comprehensive device data from diverse sources, enabling asset discovery regardless of location, uptime, or power state. This is achieved by aggregating, correlating, and normalizing data from numerous sources, including CMDBs, device scanning technologies, and agents.
- Comprehensive device discovery is the ability to fetch data continuously from any source that knows about devices at any cadence.
- CMDBs are often only populated by one or two discovery sources, rendering the data incomplete or unreliable.
- Device discovery through scanning technologies requires machines to be turned on and available — and even then, scanning is often limited to weekly or monthly cycles.
- Agents can only be deployed on known devices, meaning visibility is only as good as where agents are deployed.
- Axonius aggregates, correlates, and normalizes data from numerous sources to deliver comprehensive device discovery.
- Axonius complements CMDB discovery tools with correlated data from several sources to create rich, accurate CMDB records.
- To surface gaps across your fleet of assets, you need numerous data sources. Axonius makes it easy to discover assets with numerous data sources, helping you identify gaps that otherwise wouldn’t be visible in a CMDB.
- Since Axonius connects to the management consoles of your solutions using APIs, devices can be found regardless of whether they’re online or the last time they were used.
- Axonius integrates with network infrastructure to identify unmanaged IoT and OT devices, making it possible to account for these devices in the CMDB.
CyberGRX for asset discovery
There is no information about asset discovery available on Cybergrx’s website
Better alternative for asset discovery – Autobahn Security
Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery is a valuable tool for businesses looking to improve their cybersecurity posture. Here are some key benefits of Autobahn Security’s asset discovery:
- Complete view of a company’s online asset boundaries: With internet-facing asset discovery, businesses can identify assets that may have been overlooked in the inventory, ensuring that everything is accounted for. This can help reduce the attack surface and make smarter decisions about cybersecurity strategies.
- Manual tracking lacks accuracy and hinders asset location, while Autobahn Security provides a centralized view of internet-exposed assets. Autobahn Security enables efficient tracking and usage oversight of internet-exposed assets, ensuring accurate location information.
- Industry-leading asset discovery results in terms of coverage and accuracy: Autobahn Security’s internet-facing asset discovery service is easy to set up and supports multiple domains to enhance asset discovery results. Additionally, the service offers confidence scores that represent the difficulty of identifying the asset, minimizing housekeeping efforts.
Conclusion – which tool is better for your company, Axonius or CyberGRX?
Hopefully, this post helped you decide whether CyberGRX or Axonius is more appropriate for your company. As you can see – both have many upsides and downsides.
Undeniably, Autobahn Security provides a better value for money and is a better choice for a mid-market SaaS, especially when it comes to vulnerability management and asset discovery.
If you’re interested in finding more book a demo with our team here!